Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday again?!

I just spent most of the weekend doing something I haven't done since...well, long before I was married or became a mom! Don't get too excited, it wasn't a "girls gone wild" weekend...far from it!

Friday night my DD and I went to see Cars. It was good - I would suggest it. I was a little surprised to find that I enjoyed it but glad that I did.

Saturday my DD had a friend overnight. Hmmm....what to do? Work in the yard? Spring cleaning? I decided to open a novel, something I haven't done, quite literally, in years. Before I knew it, the girls were fast asleep, I was curled up in bed with the book, and the TV stayed off. Shortly before midnight I closed the book and turned off the light, glowing in the realization I had just read a novel from cover to cover (A Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg)..

Sunday morning I woke with an almost giddy feeling...READ, I need to READ...so I grabbed another borrowed yet never started novel off the shelf (The Five People You Meet in Heaven). Late morning I headed out to the deck to spread out in the lounge chair and read. By early afternoon I was done it. Oh no!!! What to do now? Well the obvious...start another book! I think I've found a new hobby which feels totally self indulgent but one that I really enjoy. I spent the entire weekend relaxed. I slept better (maybe because I stayed up too late reading!), I didn't have "binging" issues, and even better, I ran out of smokes sometime Saturday and it not only didn't bother me, I realized I didn't need to run out and buy more, so I've been smoke-free since!

Guess reading a good book is one way to fill the voids which tend to over eating & smoking...who'da thunk?! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home