Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again!

I did it! Tuesday evening I went to WW and although I wasn't going to weigh in (very bloated that night) I decided, What the Hell...might as well have a current number to start with. I was up to 200.6, only 0.2 lbs. away from my original "starting weight" on February 17th. Ouch!! That's "a stick of butter" as the leader would say. But no excuses, I know why the scale was up, my fault completely. But that's the past.

Turns out the horrendously boring leader was absent Tuesday so I was pleasantly surprised to see Deb, whose meetings normally conflict with my schedule. I was once again reminded how important a good leader is to Success; too bad all the "good" ones have meetings when I can't go. Deb was funny, inspirational, encouraging and educational. I laughed, I learned, I even had fun. Now THAT is how the meetings should always be! Guess I need to find a way to start attending her meetings weekly, even if it means an upset in my daughter's bedtime schedule.

So with my newly dated journal in hand and new Points Calculator, I approached yesterday with the "3 P's": Planning, Preparing, Practicing. Corny I know, but maybe this will help remind me what I need to keep on track. Plan my meals, Prepare my meals, and Practice (do it!).

Yesterday for the first time in a VERY long time I stuck to my guns. I didn't go over in points. I ate healthy foods, which satisfied me emotionally and physically. I drank 64 oz. of water. I took my vitamin. And most importantly, I got on that treadmill for 30 minutes! Now granted, I didn't set it at an incline or at a high speed; my goal was to "just do it" for 30 minutes, no excuses....and I did. And tonight I'll do the same! I know that by exercising daily, even starting out slow, I'll build endurance each and every time. That's what I'm going for. Push myself a little more each day without hurting myself.

So I sat down with the calculator and calendar and figured out our Disney trip is exactly 16 weeks from yesterday. If I lose 2.5 lbs. per week I would be 160 lbs. by vacation. Still not a svelt figure but a far cry from 200 lbs.! Hell, any amount I lose by then will be better than nothing, but at 160 lbs. I won't be so far from my ultimate goal. And 40 lbs. is a lot of extra weight to be lugging around Disney! I'm picturing huffing & puffing, sweating and inner thigh rash. EEEWWWW!! At least at 160 lbs. I can hold my own, and fit into a pair of shorts! For comparison, a 1 lb. per week loss would put me at 184 lbs., and 2 lbs. per week would put me at 168 lbs, still "acceptable" under the circumstances (in my book). But 3 lbs. per week (yes, I know...not very likely or even healthy, but still possible I think) would put me at 152 lbs.!!!

....she says as she eats her Barilla Plus pasta & marinara, both carefully measured out before cooking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home