Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nightmares!

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get myself "back on track". Okay, maybe I'm not trying that hard. I'm tired. Dead tired. I'm not sleeping well, which leaves me with little energy throughout the day which keeps me inactive and leads to further tiredness. I feel like a walking zombie!

So what's happening? Why am I spiraling into a puffy pit of Hell? The whole in-laws situation is keeping me hopping, both physically and mentally, not to mention emotionally. Plus it's just a busy time for me right now with social obligations, getting the yard ready for summer, and the committee I volunteer on in summer.

No excuses, I know. I just need to regroup and move on. I've requested a day of vacation on Friday to regroup at home while my DD is in school. Hopefully it will get me back on the right track for the weekend.



Last night I had an awful nightmare. I know it was a subconcious mix of dealing with my in-laws' medial problems and watching Dr. Oz's "90-Day Live Longer, Feel Younger Plan". It really hit home and made me realize I not only want to lose weight but also want to nourish my body with the right foods. I want to be around for a long time and I want my body to be able to keep up with me, not like my MIL who is in her late 60's and looks so much older (plus her body can't possibly support her still-alert mind).

So on to the nightmare...in my dream I was being examined by some doctors. After more and more tests they informed me I needed open-heart surgery, and I needed it now. Being I'm only 35 this may seem far-fetched but I sure woke up in a cold sweat. I realized that it was the "a-ha" moment I've needed to kick myself in the ass. If I don't lose weight, stop smoking and start exercising I WILL DIE much too young. Yes I could get hit by a bus tomorrow and die, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let myself go down when my health is very much in my control for the mostpart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home