Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Friday, April 21, 2006

What I Am Doing

I consider today to be "Day 5" of my WW journey. Yes, I started 9 or so weeks ago but it wasn't until this past Monday I really started to stick to the program (thanks to BCB!) The tables have turned for me and I finally feel like I'm on the right path.

What I'm doing different:

I am drinking water. I never used to drink it. Although I don't always get down 8 glasses, I'm a whole lot closer to it than I was a week ago.

I am sticking to my "points". In the past, somedays I would, some days I wouldn't. Now I am! Thanks to the support of BCB I realize that I am only cheating myself if I don't stick with the program. I'm not "getting away" with something if I go over/don't count points. I'm just hurting myself.

I am not drinking soda. Or at least not much. I used to drink 1-3 cans per day and now I drink 1 can every 2-3 days and never actually finish it.

My nighttime binges are controlled. This is a huge step for me; I wish I could say "my nighttime binges are gone" but I'm not at that place yet. Soon, I promise. Now when I feel the middle of the night need to scarf I do it, for the most part, with WW friendly foods. Hot air popcorn with Molly McButter is a FAR CRY from an entire box of Little Debbie Zebra Cakes (my crack of choice in the past). Or a chunk of Laughing Cow Light cheese. And Diet Splash V8...yum, that really cures my sweet tooth during the night!

I now enjoy cooking/planning meals. Another huge step for me! I've had to run my dishwasher EVERY DAY this week; normally I need to run it every 2-3 days.

I am eating until I'm satisfied, not satisfied to be eating. Food is just fuel for my body, not fuel for my soul. It doesn't make me happy or sad. I eat it to nourish my body. Another HUGE step for me! I used to always eat dinner in bed (I turn in early). That was "my" time, when I could turn on the TV and veg out. No wonder I developed a binging disorder! Now I'm eating dinner earlier and not making it a "treat" at the end of my day.

I am not eating points just because I have them left at the end of the day. When I first started WW and had unused points at the end of the day, I would use it as an opportunity to "treat" myself with food (e.g. chocolate, ice cream, etc.) just to "use up" the points. Now if I have unused points at the end of the day I don't treat them as "free money". If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not hungry, I don't.

What I Am Noticing:

My clothes are starting to fit a little looser. Not tons, but I notice there's a little less of me now.
My weight loss, although small yet, is noticeable. I saw a friend the other day who I hadn't seen in a while. She knew nothing of my efforts or joining WW. She looked at me and said, "you're really losing weight!" Actually, I'm losing inches faster than pounds. And now that I'm feeling better about the changes I've made I am taking more pride in myself. I started wearing makeup again and dressing in more form-fitting clothes. I look thinner because I have sparkle in my eyes again!
I am sleeping better at night. I still have a long way to go with improving my sleep pattern but without all that sugar and grease clogging my veins at night I am sleeping much better.
My frequent heartburn is gone. No more eating Tums like candy.
I have more energy. Maybe it's the rise in my self esteem or maybe it's the healthier foods coursing through my veins. Either way, I'll take it!

What I Really Need to Do:

START EXERCISING DAILY!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger NicoleW said…

    Congrats -- sounds like you're really getting on track!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    THANK YOU Nicole! You're such an inspiration to me, I read your blog faithfully. Your journey is fascinating and your progress really gives me hope. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home