Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Beatin' the Odds...Finally?!

It seems life forever and a day since my tiny home of 2 PEOPLE has been illness-free. Nasty colds and draining flu bugs have been attacking my daughter and I both since the week of Chistmas. It seems I've had it the worst which I'll gladly take over my daughter being sick. Monday evening I was hit hard with the flu - I won't go into details but it wasn't pleasant, I assure you!

Knock-on-wood, everyone seems to be almost healthy again. I had enough energy to get out of bed today which is always a good thing. The sun is shining and spring is here. In fact, 4 robins were fighting this morning as I was getting in the car to leave for work and one actually touched my hair as it flew by! Now birds just don't get that close to humans around here. In fact, the birds continued to quarrel so close to the car that I was afraid they'd get inside, so I jumped in screaming and slammed the door. It's one of those "guess you had to be there" things, but the lady across the street sure got a good laugh as she was letting her dogs out!

I'm ashamed to admit that the ongoing illness in our house has been a poor excuse for not eating properly. I've really fallen off the wagon with counting points. On the plus side, I have yet to experience a weight gain since starting WW and have weighed in with a LOSS at every weigh in. Yeah Me! The losses haven't been great but they're there. I've lost 8+ pounds so far which is so pathetically small I should be ashamed. Yet I have to remind myself that if I hadn't joined WW I'd still more than likely be gaining weight. I really need to get back to attending meetings each week instead of quickly weighing in and doging out the door. Wish the meetings were closer to the town I live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home