Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Friday, March 03, 2006

One-der Land

I have officially entered WW's "One-der Land" and the leader congratulated me and told me I want to stay there the rest of my life. "Oh don't worry, I WILL stay there, and I'm never leaving it again!" I replied with a big smile. It's a small step, but lots of small steps will take me through the long haul. I lost 1.8 lbs this week which I'll take; as long as I continue to lose, no matter how small, I'll be happy. I've lost a total of 4 pounds in the 2 weeks I've been on WW and that's with my birthday, the dreaded Girl Scout Cookie arrival, and other food related life events.

This week I'm going to seriously focus on sticking to the points system at all costs. Sunday we're going to brunch with all my aunts, uncles & cousins to celebrate my grandma's 75th birthday. I'm not too worried because I'm not a big brunch fan and there will surely be a selection of foods to chose from. Monday night we're going to my parent's house for dinner and that is my biggest upcoming obstacle for the next week. Mom is making her famous meatloaf with homemade mashed potatoes and peas. This folks is my number one food weakness, and it's a rare occassion that she makes it. My little sis is coming home from NC for the weekend and when she does, mom always makes this special meal. I'm saving my entire 35 points allowance for that dinner even if a big slab of meatloaf with potatoes smothered in margarine will add up to 35 points. Maybe I'll be smart and calculate the points ahead of time "just in case".

I went to Wal-Mart to treat myself to an abs workout DVD, something basic and not too time consuming to "start somewhere". They didn't have any workout DVD's. What's up with that?! :(

Goals for this week:
- Stick to the points system 100%
- Drink lots of water each day
- Some form of exercise every day, even if it's only 15 minutes on the treadmill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home