Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

Yee-haw, I'm back in saddle again! Yesterday I stuck to my points 100% (even came in under my daily allowance). Today at work we had a "pig out day" to celebrate a co-worker's upcoming wedding. Now let me explain - these pigouts are not for sissies. With over 75 people participating you're sure to consume several day's worth of calories when tempted with tables full of goodies. Fortunately today's feast was a "salad bar" theme, and the first of its kind in the 5 years I've been here. Whew! I came prepared with my own lo-cal dressing and reduced fat cheese, along with diced chicken breast. I knew there would be lots of fattening toppings and I wasn't going to blow this one! And I didn't; in fact, I cut out of line half way down when the breads, pasta salads & desserts started creeping up. I went straight back to my desk and filled up on a healthy salad. Yeah me! I'm now pleasantly full (not the normal over-stuffed gut-ache I normally had after one of those luncheons).

As for the dog...no calls yet. Wouldn't ya know...last night he was very well behaved, and my daughter cried herself to sleep after begging me to keep him. Damn, now what?! He has been better the last few days which I contribute to several things 1) he can sense something is going on 2) he went to "doggy playcare" last Thursday and had a blast socializing with other dogs and running around all day, and 2) this weekend we were given a cage for him which is HUGE and since it's wire, he can see everything going around him where as before he was in a smaller plastic cage. Now what?! I think I"ll send him to playcare again tomorrow and see how things go, just taking it day by day with no promises either way. It's all I can do right now.

Life seems to be suffocating me a bit and a big part of that is my cluttered house is adding to my feelings of being overwhelmed. I've decided to take the day off tomorrow to try and regroup and destress. Wish me luck...I need it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home