Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

THANK YOU Weight Watchers!

I can say with a great deal of confidence that if I had not joined Weight Watchers last week, I would've consumed a TON more calories (not to mention fat grams) last night on my birthday! I did eat 1 more slice of pizza than I had anticipated, but easily passed on the garlic bread (something I never would've done pre-WW). We even splurged on DQ sundaes on the way home but I had a small sundae...far cry from my days of "larges" and certainly much less damaging than the entire cake I would've consumed in years past (over a matter of days, but I still would've eaten it all!).

So I got through my birthday much better than I did in years past. (...she says as she pats herself on the back) I'm looking forward to my first weigh in on Friday but I'm a little nervous that the results won't be as exciting as I'm hoping for. Logically, I know that a loss of 1 pound per week is a safe, reasonable goal. Yet I'm hoping that this first week will bring me a jumstart on the weight loss. Guess I'll just have to stick to the program and see what happens on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home