Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"Love Thyself Day"

I am renaming today "Love Thyself Day", for those of us who are not in a relationship at the moment. In the past I've usually spent single Valentine's Days "treating" myself to a rich, lucious meal which usually included a bottle of wine and lots of chocolate. Not today! Nope, I'm using today as the official kick-off to honoring my heart by "treating" it to healthy foods and exercise!

I actually feel good today; no edginess or cravings for junk. I'm not sure why, but hey, I'll take it!! Tonight will be the real test...my daughter will be gone until bedtime and I'll be on my own for dinner. I'm planning on having a veggie burger (no bun) with hummus. Here's how I did so far today:

B: Kashi Go Lean cereal with skim milk and blueberries, glass of V8 juice
S: Oat bran pita with hummus
L: Lentil & ham soup

I feel full and content, and this IBS-sufferer is sure not complaining about the added fiber today! OI brought a yogurt and sunflower seeds for an afternoon snack. I was able to have today's food packed and ready to go last night before bed and it really helped me get out the door with healthy foods this morning. I also started using a "Weekly Meal Planner" chart to help me determine what and when I'll be eating in the coming days. This way I can plan ahead and use ingredients I have on hand before they go bad (I'm terrible at letting things expire before I use them up), or make a quick grocery run without forgetting what I need.

I've also printed out the recommended daily food requirements for myself and my daughter to use as a reference point (posted on the fridge). Hopefully the gentle reminder will help assure we are getting enough of the nutrients our body needs each day (something neither of us has been very good at lately). Create My Pyramid Plan

I'm still debating about joining Weight Watchers. I could go to my first meeting tonight, when my daughter is gone. But making weekly meetings (especially on the same day each week) might be too hard for this single mom to pull off. Guess I'll decide tonight...and would it really hurt to try to give it a shot? I think I'd be much more likely to stick to The Plan if I know I'm facing weekly weigh-ins....Any opinions out there??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home