Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Still here...

Another day, another dollar...Nope, that's a different topic. But the sun is shining today and I feel optimistic that I'll make it through the day without gorging everything in sight so that's a good thing. I fought the evil chocolate monster last night and unfortunately it got the best of me. Had myself a great big bowl of chocolate ice cream with sprinkles. And I don't even like chocolate ice cream! During the night I felt icky (and guilty) from the ice cream before bed so I downed a couple mini fiber muffins. Yummy, I could eat them all day (or night as the case may be) but by morning I was feeling the effects. Those would be the muffins made with All Fiber (extra fiber) cereal and fat free muffin mix. Sounds gross but tastes great!

So this morning I brought my new favorite "healthy" food to work: soup. Campbell's make this nice little convenient bowls that I bring to work, toss in the micro and in 2 minutes I have a warm, filling meal without tons of calories and fat. Note I'm not going for "low fat" foods but I am trying to maintain a healthy balance of protein, complex carbs & fat. Although the soup could be healthier (lower in sodium) and contain more veggies, it's easy and inexpensive and right now, what I need. I've tried making big pots of soup on the weekends and freezing for later use...it's not that I don't enjoy doing that, but it never seems to taste as good to me when I make it. Besides, for the $1.37 per convenience can of soup, I can't go wrong. By the time I buy all the ingredients, do the chopping and cooking I have much more invested, plus I'm not so good at rationing out serving sizes. An overeatter? Yes I am! Simple, tasty, convenient. I'll take it!

I've spent a lot of time lately reading weight loss blogs which I find truly inspiring. It's the day by day accounts that really hit home for me. Following someone's personal account of the struggles, realizations and triumphs they experience. I'm addicted, I can't get enough. I know my blog will never be one of those kind of blogs, and I don't mind. I'm doing this as a convenient way for me to journal my trials and tribulations. An author I am not. But honest I am. Thin and fit I am not; someday I will be able to say, "I am".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home