Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

In the beginning...

Wow, where do I start? First of all, many thanks to Kerri and Nicole for sharing their inspiring weight loss journeys. I have literally spent hours reading their stories and have never felt such strong motivation to just get out there and do it.

In a nutshell, I've made many poor choices over the last several years which have turned my 125 lb. body into 200 lbs. of lardy fat. In the last 2 years I've gained over 40 lbs. - not because of a medical condition but because of low self esteem and poor habits. I reached an all time low of absolute disgust as my weight has hit an all time high. I WILL NOT spend another year watching the scale go up. I WILL take action and bring myself back to a healthy weight and lifestyle. I want to have energy to do things. I don't like going to bed before 8pm every night because I just don't have the energy for anything else. I would find giving birth less painful than the agonizing pain I experience when going out in public. I went from being not-bad-looking to morbidly obese. How does one let themselves get to that point?!

Atkins, South Beach, NutriSystem, Phentermine, Jenny Craig, SlimFast, low-carb, high-protien, low-fat...the possitilities are endless. Yet what will truly work? Exercise, eating sensibly, and persistance. No magic pills, diets or formulas - just honest, sincere hard work and good common sense. I can do this. I can't give up. I have the power within to make this happen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home