Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Gettin' Better...

I think I'm finally starting to recover from the bug that took me down and kicked my ass to the curb earlier this week. As long as I don't make any sudden movements I'll be alright. The fevered frenzy has left the building and somewhere in this shell of a body is a mean spirit ready to fight its way back into focus mode.

I don't think I'll be ready for a treadmill workout yet tonight; I'll avoid that until the floor no longer feels like its moving beneath my feet. But I am ready to start eating real foods again, foods that will make me strong and healthy. The brain's still a little fuzzy so forgive my worse-than-usual ramblings.

In the past when I've gotten sick I've used it as an excuse to justify comforting myself with food. Ok, yes I did have a chocolate shake for lunch yesterday to make me feel better. But I skipped the McD's dinner I had planned! And I've worked so hard to put myself on track I don't want to ruin it because of sickness. Getting sick was just another test of my comittment to changing my lifestyle and I'm sure not going to let that set me back.

So how was my weekend of FREEDOM you ask? It was actually quite perfect, or at least it was until I woke up sick on Sunday. Friday I took the afternoon off of work when my DD left for the weekend. I rented 5 movies which I've wanted to see but never took the time to watch. I went home, popped in one of the movies and ended up watching the entire thing. I put the next movie in and cleaned the house while I watched. Next thing I knew it was snowing outside for the first time in nearly 6 weeks. Go figure; the one night I had plans. But that didn't stop me...my friend and I went to dinner and then out for cocktails...just a nice relaxing girls night out and I was in bed before midnight. Perfect! I got up Saturday and had a facial and a massage, then went home and did nothing except watch more movies. I can't remember the last time I spent an entire 36 hours doing absolutely nothing. It was incredible! All the more convincing reason to stay single...my DD is already 8 and in a few years I'll have a lot more of those relaxing evenings to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home