Kill the Muffin-Top!

The trials and tribulations of my journey to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

Monday, January 16, 2006

D-Day

Today is officially D-Day. It's the day I've dedicated to changing my life by conciously making positive changes. I want to become a healthy woman and mother. I want to enjoy exercising, not lose my breath when I attempt to walk up a flight of stairs. I want to push myself to new limits, achieve new things. I want to enjoy the taste of fresh fruits and vegetables, not wake during the night vomitting up the tub of frosting I scarfed down in a groggy stupor hours before. I want to be able to buy clothes that not only fit but flatter my figure, not browse the plus-size granny clothes at Wal-Mart, only to leave the store with my head hanging in shame.

I want to set a good example for my DD, and to know that I will be around long enough to watch her grow up and have a family of her own. I want to spoil my grandchildren. I want to feel pretty again, even if it means accepting that I'll never be a size 6 again. I want to stay awake later than 8pm on a Friday or Saturday night, not crawl into bed because I'm too drained/depressed to enjoy life.

I want it all, and I can have it all. "All" to me means being the best person I can be from the inside out. I will do this. It won't be easy and it won't happen overnight. I know that. But the only one who can make these changes is me, and they won't happen by chance. I gained 50 pounds over the last 3 years; even if it takes another 3 years, I will lose this weight. No time lines, no pressure, just determination. Baby steps will get me where I need to be. I need to lose at least 60 pounds to put myself in a healthy weight category. I will NOT be one of the statistics in the growing obesity epidemic in this country. And even more importantly, I will teach my DD to care for and respect herself so she does not join the ranks too. 20 pounds at a time, and eventually I'll get where I have to be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home